The role of rice in human life
Rice is one of the main food crops, providing food for more than 65% of the world's population. Currently, there are more than 100 countries in the world that produce rice, and especially Asia is the main rice-producing region, accounting for 90% of the output as well as the area because Asia is the place with the most ancient agriculture associated with wet rice cultivation.
-Nutritional composition of rice: 1 cup of rice 196 grams and the energy value is calculated according to a 2000 calories diet for 1 day and night.
- Energy: One cup of rice provides about 216 calories, 185 calories from sugar, 14.7 calories from fat, and 17.2 calories from protein. This amount of energy meets about 11% of energy needs (according to a 2000 calorie/day diet).
- Carbohydrate: The total number of carbohydrates in a cup of rice is about 44.8 grams. In which, digestible fiber accounts for 14%, the rest is sugar.
- The protein: Protein intake is about 5 grams, meeting 10% of daily needs.
- Fat: The fat content in that amount of rice is about 3%, which includes both saturated fat and trans fat. Saturated fat makes up 2%, and trans fat makes up 1%. Rice is a food that is usually low in fat. This fat consists of two types, monosaturated and polyunsaturated, with 0.6 grams of each. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are also present in rice.
- Vitamins: Rice contains vitamins E, K and B6 with concentrations of 0.1 grams, 0.2 grams and 0.3 grams, respectively, in 1 cup of rice. In addition to these vitamins, rice contains small amounts of other quantifiable vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, folate, choline, betaine and riboflavin.
3 finest Vietnamese rice are now available at Longdan Oriental Supermarket
As the largest exporter of Vietnamese rice in the UK, Longdan Oriental would like to introduce to customers 3 types of premium quality rice originating from Vietnam, such as
Golden Lotus Premium Jasmine Rice: Derived from the premium rice variety of Vietnam, this is a rice with excellent plasticity, thereby giving customers a full-flavoured meal.
Golden Lotus Jasmine Rice: one of the delicious and famous rice varieties of Vietnam, this rice product also has a characteristic plasticity after cooking. The delicious and hot white and sticky rice grains on the family tray are the image reminiscent of the family of generations of Vietnamese people in particular and Asia in general.
Buffalo Saigon Fragrant Rice: For fans of fried rice, this rice is the perfect choice for your favorite dish. With a drier texture than the above two types of rice, it becomes an indispensable ingredient for crispy fried rice that melts in the mouth. In addition to fried rice, for those who like to eat bitter rice, you should also add this type of rice to your cart, it will definitely not disappoint you.
To honor the long-standing cultural value of rice, Longdan Oriental organizes the Vietnamese Rice Fair, which lasts until the end of May 31, 2021. Besides 3 types of premium rice, customers also have the opportunity to bring gifts from the store. For more details please follow the link below: https://longdan.co.uk/pages/vietnamese-rice-fair