Delicious and low-calorie vegan pasta with the Fry’s chicken style strips will satisfy any vegans out there. This chicken-style vegan pasta recipe is easy and quick, ready in 25 minutes. It is a perfect dinner for those who don't have a lot of time.
1. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Per 100g/Per serving
- Energy: 943kJ/896kJ; 225kcal/214kcal
- Fat, total: 11.9g/11.3g
- Saturated: 1.6g/1.5g
- Carbohydrate of which is sugar: 9.0g/8.6g
- Fibre: 7.0g/6.7g
- Protein: 17.8g/16.9g
- Sodium: 583mg/554mg
- Salt: 1.46g/1.38g
2. INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 box Fry’s chicken style strips
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced in into strips
- 1 Green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 Red pepper, sliced into strips
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- A handful coriander to garnish
For herbs, spices & seasonings:
- 40 ml Yifo Camellia Oil (recommended)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp dry mixed herbs
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 50 ml sweet and chilli sauce
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat with 30ml oil. Then add the Fry’s chicken style strips and cook for 2 minutes through until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Pour 10ml oil into a wok/pan for 1 minute and add frozen mixed vegetables, mushrooms, onion. Add the rosemary, dry mixed herbs, cumin seeds, and salt and stir to combine. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the green and red peppers last to ensure that the vegetables are still crunchy.
- Next, add cooked Fry’s strips, sweet chilli sauce, spring onion to the mixture.
- To finish, add the cooked pasta and stir well.
- To serve, place the mixture in a bowl and top with chopped coriander.