- 400g cooked sushi rice
- 2 tbsp Yutaka rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ avocado, peeled and stoned freshly squeezed juice of ½ lime
- 250g fresh sashimi salmon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped and soaked in water, drained
Dressing & garnish
- 1 ½ tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Yutaka Mirin
- Yutaka Wasabi paste for spicy flavour
- A handful of mixed salad leaves
- 2 tsp fried shallot flakes
- 2 tsp Toasted Yutaka sesame seeds
1, Follow the instruction for cooking the rice.
2, Mix the rice vinegar, sugar, salt in a cup until dissolve.
3, Wet the surface of a sushi mixing bowl to prevent the rice sticking. When the rice is cooked, turn the rice into the bowl.
4, Pour sushi vinegar over the rice and cutting rice sideways gently so that the rice grains aren’t broken. Let it cool down.
5, Dice the avocado and salmon into cubes.
6, Dress the salmon with the tamari soy sauce and mirin. (add wasabi for spicy flavour)
7, Place the sushi rice in serving bowls, top with seasoned salmon, avocado, shallot, then mixed leaves, fried shallot flakes and toasted sesame seeds for more flavours and textures.Recipe by yutaka