You’re a fan of egg noodles, but the most you ever cook is using instant noodles, and cooking them according to package instructions. You have no idea how to make homemade, stir-fry egg noodles. Well, look no further! For this article will guide you on how to cook the best stir fried egg noodles at home!
1. What ingredients do you need?
Below are the ingredients needed to cook the best stir fried egg noodles. This recipe makes enough to serve about 4 people. This dish can be easily customized, so you can replace the carrots, brussel sprouts, green beans with other types of vegetables such as mushrooms or ones of your choice.
Ingredients (enough for 4 servings - 100g each)
- 1 package of egg noodles, cooked
- 6 brussels sprouts, halved
- 200 grams of green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 grams of carrots, peeled and sliced
- half a small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of large garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Yifo camellia oil or vegetable oil
Estimated calories per 100g serving: 240 kcal / 1004 KJ
2. How to cook Stir Fried Egg Noodles?
Step 1: Firstly, pour the Yifo camellia oil (or vegetable oil) in a large pan that is placed over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion and brussel sprouts together, and gently toss them together for a couple of minutes.
Step 2: Add the green beans and carrots to the pan. Toss for another three minutes.
Step 3: Drizzle in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and fish sauce over the vegetables. Add around 3 tablespoons of water as well. Season with a pinch of ground black pepper, and coat the vegetables in the sauces.
Step 4: After cooking the vegetables and coating them in the sauces for another minutes, add the cooked and drained egg noodles to the pan.
Step 5: Stir fry the noodles and the vegetables together for about 3 minutes. As always when cooking, taste for seasoning and add extra better, oyster, fish, or sauce to taste if necessary.
Step 6: Finally, take the pan off the heat and scoop the noodles and vegetables into a large plate or bowl. Drizzle with the remaining sauce at the bottom of the pan if there is any. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the dish, and serve immediately, while hot.
A familiar dish, but a new way of cooking! We hope you enjoyed making and eating this recipe. Be sure to share your feelings with us here!