Brown rice is unpolished rice with only the husk removed. The germ and bran are still kept. Thus, brown rice retains all the vitamins and minerals. As a whole grains, it has higher amounts of complex carbohydrates and fiber which makes you feel fuller longer. This is reason why brown rice is the best choice in many people's diets.
How to cook red rice?
The key problem with red rice is its cooking process and unappealing taste. But you can enjoy eating brown rice if you know how to cook it. Now, it’s time to learn how to cook brown rice that turns out perfect every time. With my easy method, you will no longer be stressed over uncooked over cooked brown rice. Let’s follow the step by step instructions given below.
- Rinse the brown rice once with cold water. Then use your fingers to gently massage the rice. Drain the water and shake off any excess water from the rice.
- Place the rice in a pot. If you are cooking 1 cup of rice then add 1 and 1/2 cup water to the pot and bring it to boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and simmer until the rice is cooked through.
- After 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice finish cooking
- Fluff the finished rice with a fork.
After all, one thing for sure is that you will happy to see the result. The grains were separate, each one plump and toothsome. Nothing was mushy or soft. It was for our taste, perfect.
If you want to try cooking, don't be afraid. Because it isn’t difficult as you think. But life is short, so cook your rice the way you like it. As noted earlier, all rice can be cooked in the same ways. Don't forget to choose the best Brown Jasmine rice here. Shop now!